Mar 27 , 2020
Taking pictures is like making memories. A picture can change one's emotions. It allows you to capture not only the beauty of an image, but what's inside of it.
A beautiful photo can be taken by, of course, using a good camera along with the perfect gears. There are different kinds of lenses that you can use in taking pictures.
Here are the reasons why you need to choose a fisheye camera lens:
What Is A Fisheye Lens?
A fisheye lens achieves wide angles of view with its ultra-wide-angle lens that produces strong visual distortion. It is intended to create a wide panoramic or hemispherical image.
Two effects of using your fisheye lens
- The Circular Fisheye Effect gives you a 180-degree angle of view across the whole periphery with a barrel-like distortion. It results in a tunnel vision effect where the scene seems to be contained within a circle.
- The Diagonal Fisheye Effect is also known as a full-frame fisheye effect because the resulting image covers the entire frame, and it captures a roughly 180-degree diagonal angle-of-view. It captures a significantly distorted view of the image periphery.
Using a fisheye lens is popular in the landscape, extreme sport, and artistic photography since it is designed for shooting very wide angles. It produces indelible images that can bend your discernment of reality. You just need to learn what it is, where it came from, and where its uses begin and end.
Reasons Why You Should Consider In Getting A Fisheye Lens
- You can use your fisheye camera lens in distortion. As annoying as it can be, distortion is not always nice to do. But when used right, fisheye distortion can be pleasing to your sight. It can add something to the scene. Like imagine a classic shot of a city, the curved shapes of the roads can work well with the distorted buildings.
- Defishing your fisheye camera lens. It can be used as extremely wide angles. With specific tools, the curved lines can be straightened to get super-wide-angle images.
- Curving straight lines using your fisheye lens. A fisheye lens works very well on curving consecutive lines. You can generally take photos of round shapes or objects with the curving gets less noticeable.
- Using your fisheye lens underwater shots happens to work very well because it can focus very carefully, and it allows you to get very close to your subjects, giving your images more sharpness and better colors.
- Creativity with your fisheye lens. Using your fisheye camera lens to get some crazy line play pointing it upwards or partly upwards. It is also great for behind-the-scene shots or portraits. With the right hands and creative mind, it will make your imaginations come to life by using it. It can take scenery that wouldn't be possible with just regular ordinary lenses.
- Fisheye lens for security. Closed-circuit television or CCTV cameras nowadays help a lot in making your homes and businesses secured. The CCTV cameras are using a fisheye lens in capturing wide-angle or 180 degrees images and footage.
• One of the best brand products is Pixco 8mm F3.8 Fisheye CCTV Lens (C Mount/Micro 4/3 Mount). This fisheye CCTV lens features alloy casing that is perfect for business use on different locations like bars, parking lots, houses, etc. It brings you the widest FOV image available with a Micro Four Thirds Mount lens. This 8mm CCTV camera with a c mount lens integrates advanced optical technique to ensure all-around sharpness and light conductivity effectiveness, which is suitable for low-light applications.
Are All Wide Angle Lenses Fisheye Lenses?
The difference between wide angle lenses and fisheye lenses lies in the barrel distortion that causes curved lines at the edges of the photo. A fisheye lens falls under the wide-angle category. It has an ultra-wide-angle lens with around 100 to 180 degrees angle views that produces a circular rather than a rectilinear image due to the visual distortion created by the lens.
Picking Your Fisheye Lens
It should be noted that choosing the right one depends on where you are going to use it or what kind of images you plan to take. The first thing to know is the basics. Your fisheye lens' focal length or the 'mm" number. It should give you the pronounced outward bow from the center of the image, which makes it different from a traditional wide-angle lens.
You should also consider its barrel distortion. It is one of the easiest aspects to fix in an image in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom. Using this kind of lens will make your editing easier by letting you remove the fisheye look with just a click or two.
Aperture & Speed
Apart from this, you should also look upon its aperture and speed. Your fisheye lens may not often have a prime lens or zoom, but it can let you shoot easier in lower light since it tends to have a better maximum aperture.
The size of the product is also another thing to consider. The prime fisheye lens tends to be relatively compact and very handy, especially when traveling. It will lessen the things you need to carry and lets you enjoy taking great pictures while exploring different places.
How much will it cost you? Thinking of its price, you can spend a lot more on a wide-angle lens than on a fisheye lens. It is likely because the lens company makes only one or two fisheye lenses while creating a greater variety of wide-angle lenses. It is also more accessible to a different group of photographers since you wouldn't be spending too much compared to a wide-angle lens.
So why pick a fisheye camera lens? Considering its portable and compact size that fits your travel needs, you would want to choose this kind of lens.
If creativity is your thing, and you plan on making creative ways to use it to make ordinary scenery an extraordinary one, then the fisheye lens is the best choice for you.
For more pls check Pixco online or Amazon shop to see if they can meet your requirements and needs.
For Micro 4/3 Mount Lens:
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/39msKuz
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2wFPOam
For C Mount Lens:
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/33QqPNI
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2UpGSz3